We finally got some great playoff games last night. It’s just too bad the teams I really want to win are both down 0-1. I like the Rays chances of coming back but the A’s have a steep uphill battle.
This is a feature I plan on doing every weekend. It’s simply a place for me to share the best baseball readings I saw from the last week. A premium will be put on anything related to the Cubs.
- Super-smart guy Tom Tango on his Cy Young predictor. He was a perfect 10-10 last year, which says as much about the Cy Young voters as it does about him.
- Also on the topic of voters, here’s Joe Posnanski on the four fallacies to which voters historically adhere.
- Sahadev Sharma with a great breakdown of some popular but incorrect narratives of the Cubs’ pursuit of Joe Girardi.
- Aaron Fitt of Baseball America on an NCAA study of the differences between college balls and pro balls. As one Twitter user pointed out, it makes Kris Bryant’s power seem even more impressive.
- One of my favorite follows on Twitter is Andy Gray, who manages the Sports Illustrated Vault. He shares old SI pictures on his Twitter, and he dug up a couple gems this week.